Executive Coaching :: Sales Management Coaching :: Leadership Development :: Change Management
Current Executive Management practices require us to accomplish more with fewer human resources at our disposal. Effective managers are good at coaching. They are able to take a step back from the frenetic pace, sift through the tasks and find ways to continuously coach their people. Coaching is undoubtedly the highest order of human development available to managers. A great coach will turn an employee’s mistakes or challenges into significant growth opportunities. Lesser managers see similar issues as management intervention or disciplinary opportunities. There are substantial differences between Coaching and Mentoring, but few managers know the difference.
Coaching engagements can take on a multitude of forms, such as:
- Executive Coaching
- Sales and Sales Management Coaching
- Leadership Coaching & Development
- Change Management
- Development and oversight of coaching and mentoring programs for the business enterprise
What is coaching:
“An empowering learning environment, leading to self-realization and self-actualization by the client. The objective is to be a catalyst in affecting lasting personal growth, balance and contentment.”
– Don Hahn CFCC
A typical Coaching engagement:
- Initial introductory meeting with Coachee to establish goals/objectives for the coaching engagement, developmental needs and perceptions of current level of effectiveness.
- Take Coachee through a self-discovery process with online assessments such as Trimetrix HD, emotional quotient, strengths finders and 360 Surveys, as appropriate.
- Meet with Coachee to discuss the self assessment results and create a development plan based on the results from the assessments and the goals of the Coachee.
- One-on-One Coaching -Meet with Coachee bi-weekly over a 4 month period to review progress against plan and ensure accountability for results. The coach will recommend behavior and skill building techniques, articles and books to build knowledge and on-the-job assignments to test new techniques.
Coaching /consulting will include but not be limited to Succession planning, hiring processes, communications skills, conflict management as well as coaching and leadership skills’
Typical improvements cited by executives who have been coached:
- Working relationships with direct reports (reported by 77% of executives)
- Working relationships with immediate supervisors (71%)
- Teamwork (67%)
- Working relationships with peers (63%)
- Job satisfaction (61%)
- Conflict reduction (52%)
- Organizational commitment (44%)
- Working relationships with clients (37%)
Donald J. Hahn has been involved in assessing and developing executive talent and sales leadership for over 30 years and has earned the following credentials:
Certified Franklin Covey Coach : CFCC
Don has been certified in the Franklin Covey coaching processes. His coaching mission is “To create an empowering learning environment, leading to self-realization and self-actualization by the client. The objective is to be a catalyst in affecting lasting personal growth, balance and contentment.”
Certified Professional Behavioral Analyst: CPBA
Certified as a Professional Behavioral Analyst, Don warrants the expertise and knowledge to interpret, train and coach on the full array of organizational development and behavioral assessments offered by Targeted Training International. These assessments consist of DISC and 360 behavioral assessments used for, candidate screening, teambuilding and leadership development. DISC is a way of describing a person’s behavior, and using this knowledge, being able to predict how they are likely to act in the future. DISC creates a behavioral profile or assessment of the individual which offers insights into more effective behaviors.
Certified Professional Values Analyst: CPVA
Certified as a Professional Values Analyst, Don warrants the expertise and knowledge to interpret, train and coach on the full array of motivational assessments offered by Targeted Training International. There are 6 primary motivators to human kind, driven by underlying values, beliefs and attitudes. These primary motivators explain our actions. Don is qualified to interpret the PIAV assessment to assist companies and individuals in selection, productivity, motivation as well professional development and teambuilding.
Certified Trimetrix HD analyst (CPHDA)
Trimetrix HD brings the four sciences of behaviors, motivators, acumen together in a validated, bias-free and fully integrated assessment that meets EEOC and OFCCP requirements.
This is a great tool for candidate selection, professional development and coaching. Don is certified on this instrument